Back to Laugh and
Back to English
"She who laughs last,
"Laughter is the
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, trip over a big bag of garbage and fall on the sidewalk breaking
a bone or two and you fall alone!"
Advanced Joke Four
This joke makes fun of Windows and the people who make Windows. Enjoy!
There were three engineers in a car. One was (1) an electrical engineer, one was
(2) a chemical engineer and one was a Microsoft engineer. Suddenly the car just
stopped by the side of the road, and the three engineers looked at each other
wondering what could be wrong.
The electrical engineer suggested (3) stripping down the
electronics of the car and trying (4) to trace where a fault might have (5) occurred. The
chemical engineer, not knowing much about cars, suggested that maybe (6) the fuel
was getting (7) blocked somewhere.
Then, the Microsoft engineer, not knowing
much about anything, came up with a suggestion, (8) “Why don't we close all the
windows, get out, get back in, open the windows again, and maybe it'll work!”
(1) an expert in electricity and electrical systems
(2) an expert in chemicals and chemical reactions
(3) to uncover and open it up so we can see inside
(4) to follow
(6) energy (for a car, gasoline is the fuel)
(8) a way to make a suggestion (another way is "how about if we...")
Explanation: His idea sometimes work with Windows on a computer, but can it work with a car?
This particular engineer is "overgeneralizing" - he is using his own narrow experience to try to understand problems in
a very different situation.
Ask Teacher Joe
Ask about a joke or about English, or leave a comment!
Tell Your Friends
About This Page!
Just click here