Back to Laugh and
Back to English
"She who laughs last,
"Laughter is the
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, trip over a big bag of garbage and fall on the sidewalk breaking
a bone or two and you fall alone!"
Medium Joke One
This kind of joke, about people dying and going to heaven, is common in English. Nobody knows what heaven is
really like, so we can make up any story. This is a strange idea of heaven, but with a funny ending. Enjoy!
Three men died and went to (1) heaven. They had a nice time there, (2) bobbing
around on the clouds, but they eventually (3) got bored of each other and went off
(4) on their own for (5) a bit. When they joined up again, the first man brought with him
an old, ugly and smelly woman, with a horrible, (6) cackly laugh. The others asked, "What happened?"
He replied, "I (7) stepped on a pink cloud."
They (8) went their separate ways again. The
next time they met up, the
second man (9) was accompanied by a (10) foul, (11) fearsome
woman, who (12) stank so badly
they all (13) gagged. The others asked,
The second man replied, "I stepped on a pink cloud."
They went their ways again, and the next time
they met up, the third man brought with him a beautiful young woman, so
(14) radiant they all stared. She was like a goddess! The others asked, "What happened?"
This time, the woman replied,
"I stepped on a pink cloud."
(1) where good people go when they die
(2) moving up and down, as in water
(3) they became not interested (they "lost" interest)
(4) alone, each man by himself
(5) for a short time
(6) a loud, broken laugh in a high voice
(7) walked on
(8) went by themselves
(9) was with her
(10) dirty and smelly
(11) big, angry and dangerous!
(12) smelled VERY bad
(13) they choked (they could not breathe)
(14) very bright, like a star
Ask Teacher Joe
Ask about a joke or about English, or leave a comment!
Tell Your Friends
About This Page!
Just click here