After completing a highly dangerous (1) tightrope walk over Niagara Falls in terrible wind and
rain, 'The Great Zumbrati' was met by an enthusiastic (2) supporter, who
(3) urged him to make (4) a return trip, this time pushing
(5) a wheelbarrow, which (6) the spectator had thoughtfully brought
along. The Great Zumbrati was (7) reluctant, (8) given the terrible
conditions, but the supporter (9) pressed him, "You can do it, I know you can," he urged.
"Do you really believe I can do it?" asked Zumbrati.
"Yes, definitely. You can do it!" the supporter (10) gushed.
"Okay," said Zumbrati, "Get in the wheelbarrow..."
(1) a rope pulled tight enough to walk on
(2) a person who cheers for him, who hopes for him to succeed
(3) encouraged him
(4) to go back to the other side
(5) a tool with one wheel in front and two handles for a worker to carry
(6) the watcher (in this case, the supporter)
(7) not sure, slow to act
(8) because of
(9) pushed him
(10) spoke quickly, his word like water "gushing" out