A group of (1) blondes walk into a bar. One of the women tells (2) the bartender to
line up a row of drinks for all of them. (3) The gals lift their glasses and (4) toast,
"Here's to 51 days!" and they (5) proceed to (6) down their drinks. Once again,
they tell the bartender to "line 'em up", and once again they toast 51 days and down their drinks.
The bartender says, (7) "I don't get it. (8) Why in the world are you toasting 51 days?"
One of the blondes explains, "We just finished a (9) jigsaw puzzle. It had
written on the box (10) '2-4 years,' but we finished it in 51 days!"
(1) women with yellow or "golden" hair
(2) the person who makes drinks in a bar and serves customers
(3) the women ("gal" is slang for "girl")
(4) to make a cheer or a wish such as "Here's to your health"
(5) to move forward or to continue
(6) to drink, usually quickly (the drink goes down their throats)
(7) "I don't understand"
(8) "for what possible reason?"
(9) a puzzle where a picture is cut into many pieces, then you have to put the pieces together again
(10) it is for children aged 2 years to 4 years!