Back to Laugh and
Back to Learn English from Strange News
"She who laughs last,
"Laughter is the
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, trip over a big bag of garbage and fall on the sidewalk breaking
a bone or two and you fall alone!"
Strange News Story Number Two
This story shows you how NOT to rob a store. Enjoy!
Two (1) would-be robbers left a (2) convenience store
(3) empty-handed after getting
into an argument about the (4) contents of a note they (5) handed
to (6) the clerk. The
two men entered the convenience store in a small town early Tuesday morning. They
(7) left the store and came back a few minutes later. One of them handed the clerk a
note saying, (8) in part, "put it in the bag." When the clerk said she didn't understand
what that meant, the man who handed her the note said he didn't know (9) either
because (10) his buddy wrote it. The two men began to argue and left the store. They
are still (11) at large.
(1) not successful (they wanted to be robbers, but they failed!)
(2) a small store where you can buy only the most popular foods and drinks
(3) with nothing in their hands (they failed!)
(4) what is in the note (what was written)
(5) gave / past of "give"
(6) the worker in the store
(7) past of "leave" (they went out)
(8) not all of the note (only part of it)
(9) similar to "too" (used with "not")
(10) his friend
(11) they are free (the police have not found them)
Ask Teacher Joe
Ask about a joke or about English, or leave a comment!
Tell Your Friends
About This Page!
Just click here