Back to Laugh and
Back to Learn English from Strange News
"She who laughs last,
"Laughter is the
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, trip over a big bag of garbage and fall on the sidewalk breaking
a bone or two and you fall alone!"
Strange News Story Number Nine
"Call Me Now!"
This is an advertisement from a newspaper. What do you think?
(1) Single black female seeks male companionship,
(2) ethnicity unimportant. I'm a
very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in (3) the woods,
riding in your (4) pickup truck, (5) hunting, (6) camping and fishing trips,
(7) cozy winter
nights lying by the fire. (8) Candlelight dinners will have me
(9) eating out of your hand. (10) Rub me the right way and watch me respond.
I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only (11) what nature gave me.
Kiss me and I'm yours. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy.
Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta (12) Humane Society
about an 8-week old black (13) Labrador retriever.
(1) not married
(2) your group (black, white, Asian, Hispanic - it does not matter)
(3) a place with many trees
(4) a small truck that many men (and even women) now have
(5) chasing wild animals in the woods or in a forest
(6) to live and even sleep out in nature
(7) warm and comfortable (but not luxurious)
(8) a dinner with no electric lights, just the light from candles
(9) an idiom which means "I will do anything you want"
(10) move your hand over something many times
(11) wearing no clothes (this seems very "suggestive"!)
(12) a group that takes care of lost or homeless pets
(13) a big dog with a very shiny "coat"
Explanation: At first, this advertisement seemed like it was about a woman. Now that you know
it's a dog, go back and read it again. It's perfectly clear, isn't it! (^_^)
Ask Teacher Joe
Ask about a joke or about English, or leave a comment!
Tell Your Friends
About This Page!
Just click here